Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Microformats

As I work more on the Geek Event Aggregator and similar projects, I'm getting really fascinated by movements like microformats and POSH - efforts to make web content more semantically meaningful and machine-readable, without trying to radically reinvent the web. Just small tweaks to the HTML we've been writing all along can make a world of difference - indeed, often just using HTML best practices that have been around (and largely ignored) forever. Interesting stuff! I'll probably be blogging about it more in the future.

One related concept is blogchalking, so here goes.
This is my new blogchalk:
United States, Ohio, Dayton, Brookville, English, German, Catherine, Female, 31-35, Python, environment. :)
That's for machines to read. Humans, avert your eyes.

Let's see, I have about three more months before I have to update that age category.

No comments: