Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Growth in PyCon sponsorship

When I teach Python, I usually include a slide or two about Python's importance and growth. At this point, that's begun to feel unnecessary - but I think I will include this illustration, because it's a neat one.

In 2004, I'd just started looking at Python. When I found out that PyCon would be just a few miles from my sister-in-law's house, I thought, "Why not?" - and I fell in love with the Python community forever. PyCon 2004 had nine sponsors.


This year, I barely squeaked my registration in before the blast doors slammed shut. Here are PyCon US 2012's sponsors.

4 comments:

Mackenzie said...

I think there's something wrong with the RSS. There's HTML thrown in around the images when this post is viewed on planet.ubuntu-women.org

Unknown said...

Hey, I know that middle one on the top image from somewhere. :-)

Stormy said...

Can I use these images (with credit to you) on a slide for my Pycon keynote? Thanks!

Unknown said...

Sure, Stormy! No need for citation, it's just a couple screengrabs from us.pycon.org and archive.org.